And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15


Friday, July 27, 2012

Unconditional Love: Revisited

I suppose I should comment now on my previous article about God's love being unconditional. My delightful sister took me to task for my position in the comment section. So I will clarify.

First off, argument itself is dangerous when searching out the truth of God. Why? Well because regardless of which position you take there is always a definite truth, the question becomes do you have it or not?

What I wrote about unconditional love is either true or it is a lie. If it is true then you are coming against the truth itself, what "we" believe is meaningless. Many people can not understand this concept but when you say you believe something or you are going to disagree with something, that position, even if it is true becomes a mere opinion.

You make it that by saying that it is what "you believe" or what "you disagree with". For example, if I say, "I believe this is the correct way to build a bridge." Would you feel confident in my statement? What if I said, "This IS the correct way to build a bridge". You can see there is more authority in the second statement.

Jesus said we have authority and power, this is what He meant. There is power and authority in the truth.

Now the question becomes one of simple understanding. The piece was written in reference to all the so-called Christians out there who really don't take the Lord seriously. The ones who put their hands on the TV back in 1982 when Billy Graham asked them to during one of his television crusades. After placing their hands on the TV and saying a silly little prayer, they proceeded to forget about God.

30 years later, they still believe that they are saved because they put their hand on the TV with Billy Graham. For 30 years they made no progress in the Lord, yet they still think they are saved because of God's unconditional love.

If you are seeking God and you truly love him, yes then for you God's love is unconditional. Regardless of how bad you mess things up you will be chastised and forgiven. Thank God for that!

Those outside the gate however, who don't love God and have only the 2 1/2 minute hand on the TV episode to their credit will find that God's love DOES have conditions. God does hate, let there be no mistake. I will say it again, God does hate.

Think about it. If you love children, don't you then hate those who would destroy children? Would you love and coddle those who would do them harm? If you love life, don't you then also have to hate those who kill? Would you coddle someone who afterwards had overt plans to kill you? Of course not, so you see that God also fills this same role. He hates those who do unrighteousness.

The proof is in the Bible:
Amos 5:21 "I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies."
Zec 8:17 "And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD."
Pr 8:13 "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."
Ps 139:22 "I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies."
Ps 119:163 "I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love."
Ps 119:128 "Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way."
Ps 5:5 "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."
Mal 1:3 "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."
Ro 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

So the piece wasn't meant for those truly seeking God, he will chasten and forgive those, but rather for the pretenders who lie and say they love God when they really just love their own bellies. That is who the article was for.

Frankly, and unfortunately, the one the article was for is probably not even going to read it because he is too busy doing what HE wants to do and then, when HIS belly is full, whatever little bit is left he will gladly give to the Lord, which often is absolutely nothing.

See you on Sunday Lord!! Oh wait a minute, the race will be on then...

uhh, nevermind...


In Christ,
Jonn



No comments: